Sunday, March 21, 2010

Let the music spring in!!!

Having committed Mondays to blogging, naturally my boss begged me yesterday to swap & take next Saturday off. So for now I've taken a few minutes to add my much desired playlist because frankly my life is music.
Music has always been the companion I always counted on: my best friend. Ear buds in I'm never alone. While all forms live in my collection I always turn to classical for purity of reflection & frankly despite the Baby Mozart fad so many wonderful pieces are ignored, so I'm intending to highlight favorites from time to time.
Appalachian Spring is not the first piece everyone turns to for thoughts of the season of rebirth & while Vivaldi is a massive love of mine this ballet turned orchestral suite is a pleasure. Martha Graham commissioned this piece in 1944 & later Copeland revised it for full orchestra. Ironically whilst the ballet was set in spring the spring Copeland is referring to that of a water source.
Well I've turned into a PBS script haven't I??? As high brow as I'd like to pretend I still see Hailey twirling first to the flows & ebbs of this stream of notes. She's 3 years old & telling me its twirly music.
Twirl reccomended but not required. No wait. Every woman should twirl at least once a week. Now........................go!!!

4 comments:

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Hi Alicia - I'm on the same page. Music makes almost everything tolerable and pleasant. Music was our lives growing up with a father who was a high school music director. I appreciate all forms, twirling included. Hope work went okay and you got some time to appreciate the day?

All my best to you x

Kom Achterom said...

What i beautiful flower decoration
I like the spring flowers
And a love your site
its verry nice and beautiful colours
I will try to follow your blog but i didn't work i try it again
Have a very nice evening
Yolanda

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

So pretty! I looks like we are going to have a pretty day here today too. I loved your comment and left you a reply on my blog. I did that because I thought others would also be interested. Thanks for visitig, always love to see you there.

Vær våken said...

Oh, my goodness! So glad I found your blog! Lovely images, lovely colors, everything lovely! I'll be back soon!!!